Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp Layer Preview Size Fit Layers
(05-23-2018, 05:01 PM)Blighty Wrote: You don't want the thumbnail in the Layers Dialogue to show the canvas size; but each layer thumbnail cropped to layer size.

Correct  Smile

(05-23-2018, 05:01 PM)Blighty Wrote: I don't think there is way to do that. You will have to use layer names. Useful layer naming required. And maybe use layer groups as well.

That is unfortunate... The document that brought up this issue for me has almost all of its 265 layers named and grouped accordingly, but not by me, so I have no idea what is what.

What frustrates me further is that back when I used Photoshop, the thumbnails were all layer sized, and I could see at a glance what was a black line and what was a purple duck, etc. etc... But now that I'm on Linux, and trying to adhere to a strict free and opensource diet, that's no longer an option.

I guess for now I'll just take the time to go through layer by layer toggling visibility to find out what's what, all the while complaining and praying that the people of Gimp hear my cries  Big Grin

Thanks for all the help so far! If anyone finds a way to hack together a solution, please let me know!

Messages In This Thread
Gimp Layer Preview Size Fit Layers - by Joel-G - 05-23-2018, 03:35 PM
RE: Gimp Layer Preview Size Fit Layers - by Joel-G - 05-23-2018, 06:33 PM