Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NormalMap.exe Application Unable to Start
Are you using the 64 bit normalmap plugin from samj? Consists of four files
glew32.dll, libgdkglext-win32-1.0-0.dll, libgtkglext-win32-1.0-0.dll, normalmap.exe - yes that is for 64 bit.

Not a plugin I use but a quick try in a Win10 (VM) & Gimp 2.10.4 (just installed) - I put the lot in the plugins folder C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins and it seems to work. screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/dPdpuZ0.jpg

The readme that comes with the zip says put normalmap.exe in the user plug-ins folder and the other 3 in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin which I think is a bad idea.

One of the issues with installing Gimp 2.10 over a previous Gimp, especially Gimp 2.8.x is;

1. Old files remaining, Gimp 2.10 uninstalls Gimp 2.8 but not any user installed "extras"
2. Transfer of resources, scripts, plugins, brushes & some settings from the 2.8 profile /.gimp-2.8 Not always guaranteed to work.

I would look in your Gimp 2.10 folders for old files, might find them by date. Might be easier to purge all the Gimp installation, disable the Gimp 2.8 profile and re-install a clean installation. No good looking in the Windows registry, very little goes in there apart from un-install info.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NormalMap.exe Application Unable to Start - by rich2005 - 07-06-2018, 08:02 AM