Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP crashing systematically with large files
(10-05-2018, 04:46 PM)deadshade Wrote: Sorry I don't understand "You find them wherever you started the terminal." because I find them nowhere .
I don't choose where I "start the terminal" . I simply select Windows PowerShell (it's where the commands are in W10) . It apparently "puts" me in C:\users\Tom (e.g the input line starts with C:\users\Tom>)
Then I exactly copy the command you gave by substituting to your map.png the right adress of the file I want to cut (C:\users\Tom\Desktop\Hrestopography.png) and hit enter .
The computer starts doing something and when it stops whatever it was doing , there are no new 4 files on the desktop . Nor elsewhere for that matter .

Well, maybe do not use powershell. see: screenshots https://i.imgur.com/cKER37F.jpg

In Windows explorer, type in cmd (1)
That gets you a terminal in C:\Users\..yourname.. (2)
Run the IM command with the path to the map image. (3)

I put in some timers too see how long to render in a Win 10 (VM) with 3 GB memory and very little free disk space.
Might have missed the correct end, since I was cooking food. (should be less than that even for Windoze)
As an example changed the out format to jpeg. The file name can also be changed to whatever you want just keep the %02d.  for the numbering. All sorts of things you can do with IM.

best of luck. From your original report I think I might be checking the computer hardware.

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIMP crashing systematically with large files - by rich2005 - 10-05-2018, 05:32 PM