Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucket fill is tinting my entire image
(11-07-2018, 06:56 PM)Blighty Wrote: Lots of guess to do. It would help if you could post a screen print of your entire screen showing tool options, layers dialogue, etc.

How are you making the selection? Is the selection still active when you do the bucket fill?

Are you bucket filling the original layer, or another layer above the original?

For the bucket fill tool options, what is the Mode set to? Is it Normal or something else?

[Image: a2f1eff2-20f3-43e2-b3e9-501be99583ba-ori...fit=bounds]

I’m hoping that this screen cap shows everything you wanted… I have no idea what the etc might be, LOL!

I’m not making a selection, I’m just clicking on the bucket fill tool and then clicking on the image, just like I always have.

Everything I'm doing is on one layer.

The mode is set to normal. :-)

(11-07-2018, 07:09 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Similar to Blighty's post

Still using Gimp 2.8?

Can you give a few more details of your work flow and the settings. A screen shot would be great.

There might be different and maybe better ways. This left side, a straight bucket fill of similar colours, leaves a few speckles. Right side is color-select white, invert, fill.

[Image: o8TAi1u.jpg]

Do you want to retain the grey "mottling"? The more information the better.

I’m still using 2.8, yes. I’m not sure what you mean by workflow, but I posted a screen cap of my various panels. Any settings anywhere else in the program are whatever it came with.

The desired result here is pure white undifferentiated spots on a tan undifferentiated background, with no speckles of gray. The problem is that even though the white and the gray are very far apart, the bucket fill is still affecting the white, and not even the way it's supposed to, because it is not replacing the white, it is mixing with it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bucket fill is tinting my entire image - by HavingTooMuchFun - 11-07-2018, 07:17 PM