Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucket fill is tinting my entire image
(11-08-2018, 08:49 AM)HavingTooMuchFun Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 07:33 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: In your screenshot the Foreground color in the toolbox swashes (a neutral gray) isn't the one that appears to have been used to bucket-fill...

Can we start again from scratch, with the original image, the actual FG color. You can also attach the before and after images (as XCF)?

My before and after images are available in my first post. The toolbox settings would be the same, because I never touch them, other than the threshold that I didn’t record the exact # for and so can’t duplicate, and of course the little square showing a different foreground color. :-)

The bucket fill shouldn’t be tinting an entire image EVER, right, regardless of what threshold or foreground color I pick? Based on every article I’ve read, it should either be filling or not filling; I haven’t been able to find any other examples of Gimp behaving this way.

Yes, and we can't reproduce the problem either. I can see a way to have you result but this would be using separate selection plus bucket-full selection: if the color-selection step has "feather edges" enabled, then the selection would be partial over the dots and this would tint them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bucket fill is tinting my entire image - by Ofnuts - 11-08-2018, 01:32 PM