Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resynthesizer ???
Quote:..dialogue window, it is simply Resynthesize = no "r"; is that how it should be..

yes

Quote:I put everything in C > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > GIMP > 2.10 > Plug-ins   ---  is that the right place ?

Yes - like this

Quote:..I sort of thought that these other eight plug-ins should also show in the filter menu, but I sure cannot find them...

Not all of them register in the same place. The two most used heal-selection and heal-transparency show up in Filters -> Enhance you can find menu locations using the Gimp menu Help -> Plugin Browser and a search term usually shows a choice. 
Another way is look at the contents of the python plugin with notepad, where you can see something like menu="<Image>/Filters/Render"

Those plugins rely on resynthesizer to work but the actual plugin Filers -> Map -> Resynthesize.. will make a (simple) design seamless & tile-able.

As a note, that zip package was put together for Gimp 2.8 in 2013. Still waiting for a Windows-Wiz to recompile an update. A couple of the python plugins have been updated but the essentials heal selection, heal transparency work ok. 

When it comes to resynth-enlarge / resynth-sharpen there are now better Gimp tools. I would not even bother with those.

Messages In This Thread
Resynthesizer ??? - by BuckSkin - 11-10-2018, 07:05 AM
RE: Resynthesizer ??? - by rich2005 - 11-10-2018, 09:26 AM
RE: Resynthesizer ??? - by BuckSkin - 11-10-2018, 05:50 PM
RE: Resynthesizer ??? - by rich2005 - 11-10-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Resynthesizer ??? - by BuckSkin - 11-10-2018, 07:43 PM