Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resynthisizer Heal Selection Runtime Error
I was wondering about the wavelet decompose version because of the layer naming - You have "layername"(scale #1) ..etc whereas my Gimp 2.10.8 produces a straight Scale 1 ...etc.

Resynthesizer has not changed much in 10 years, there is a slight tweak (edit: went from version 2.0.2 to 2.0.3) but you will need to compile a version for yourself, but that has nothing that impacts heal selection. The problem is not resynthesizer but your selection. Somewhere it is trying to pull in transparency which gives that error. It is actually difficult to get that error message. You need something like https://i.imgur.com/X6ELlau.jpg as before.

There is a update to the python plugins for Gimp 2.10 deprecated functions. Gimp normally works anyway using the old procedures but I will attach anyway. Replace what you have, see if it makes a difference.

Do you have heal transparency plugin installed? Try a heal transparency before heal selection.

I was going to suggest trying gmic inpaint as an alternative. If you use that, paint in the mask using the pencil tool. Any antialiasing in the mask produces a nasty outline.

If you want to post the full image as you have it, keep the active selection, it is saved with the .xcf file. Use maybe Dropbox and you might get a better answer. Not easy to comment on just your partial screenshot.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Resynthisizer Heal Selection Runtime Error - by rich2005 - 12-22-2018, 09:57 AM