Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resynthisizer Heal Selection Runtime Error
rich2005 -- BINGO! You provided a possible clue -- when you said, in reference to using GMIC's InPaint, "if you use that, paint in the mask using the pencil tool ... any antialiasing in the mask ..." In the past I think I've always used the brush and not pencil when doing this, so I tried my SOP with pencil. I'll be honest that I'd not have thought this should change things since antialiasing does not use transparency, but I can't argue with results.

I copied the base layer into a new image, used *both* Wavelet Decompose and GMIC's Split Details (wavelet), which is where the layer naming you noticed comes from by the way (it does not create a layer group as the new 2.10.8 GIMIP Wavelet decompose does), and used Pencil to do the painting over the damage and now Heal Selection works on layers created by either method. And to see if the old image was amenable to this process I used pencil to do the painting on a layer in it and Heal Selection also works there. Curious, but as I said I cannot argue with success.

Now, I get a different issue, but that's for another day. For now I can continue my damage control.

A final question if I've not over-extended your generosity -- do you think the Heal Selection that comes with this version of Resythesizer capable of working correctly on 16-bit images?

Much thanks for your posts. I, for one, greatly appreciate it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Resynthisizer Heal Selection Runtime Error - by gstalnaker - 12-24-2018, 04:43 PM