Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Polygonal designs and intersections
(02-17-2019, 09:25 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: With several functions in ofn-path-to-shape:
  • Create a left-to-right line (this will be the line between the center of the two circles)
  • Use it as the radius of a circle (Shapes>Segment>Circle)
  • Create a small segment, that starts where the first ends: Shapes>Segments>Transform segments>Resize and use Start=100% and End=80% (100% should be on the Start for the next operation)
  • Use that new segment as the radius of a circle.
  • In the path tool, select the bigger circle and click on it to make its anchors appear
  • Zoom in and shift-click where the big circle intersects the small one to add two anchor to the big circle
  • Ctrl-Shift-click the anchor of the big circle at the center of the small to remove it, and then Ctrl-Shift-click the segment of the big circle between the two anchors you add to remove it. 
I had tried to reproduce this figure initially using the steps indicated by Blighty, but it was difficult to get the desired result as the segment always cut off the intersection between the circles (either before or after).
So I tried Ofn-path-to-shape. Since installing this script I never knew how to use it, and I had already forgotten about it, I even downloaded it again today to find that it was still installed.

Following the steps taken by Ofnuts was surprisingly easy, the seven-headed monster seemed friendly. But I caught in step 6:
"Zoom in and shift-click where the big circle intersects the small one to add two anchor to the big circle".

After insisting unsuccessfully, I experimented with ctrl+click (and voilà), and got both anchors at the intersection points of the circles and ended with ctrl+shift+click.

The result was perfect, very easy and the cuts being made at the intersections.

It would be nice if there were more tutorials on how to use this script.

I also found that I already had the shape-path.scm script when I followed the steps of Rich2005, only in a more current version (that's what I deduced).

So I will make this version available here for anyone interested. 

PS.: Sorry "Please correct the following errors before continuing:
  • The type of file that you attached is not allowed. Please remove the attachment or choose a different type."

• Neither .rar nor .scm Files Seem to Be Allowed
PS02: This script can be found at http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=...10#p238042

Messages In This Thread
Polygonal designs and intersections - by grit - 01-23-2019, 10:51 AM
RE: Polygonal designs and intersections - by grit - 02-17-2019, 06:01 AM
RE: Polygonal designs and intersections - by grit - 02-17-2019, 12:23 PM
RE: Polygonal designs and intersections - by Krikor - 09-19-2019, 09:32 PM