Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select/Delete path nodes plugin?
Edge Case is apparently my middle name.  Tongue

I use gimp paths way more than your average bear. I've tried many times to dual wield gimp and inkscape and always end up frustrated at the minor differences in the way things work so I'm constantly hitting the wrong shortcuts and such. I've done many truly vector projects in inkscape from start to finish, but most of the time it's more a raster based project that needs some vector work. I've learned to work around most of the quirks in gimp paths, but some bugs will just never get fixed. (Like those small tangents) You still can't copy/paste paths successfully between inkscape and gimp without problems which makes working between the two even more difficult.

Quote:- If you want to delete random nodes, you can delete them directly instead of making a tiny selection around them

Of course, but when dealing with big complicated paths this can take forever.

Quote:- if you want to delete a bunch of contiguous nodes, just delete the segments at the ends of the group to isolate it on a stroke, delete the stroke, and then re-connect if necessary.

This is something I didn't consider and is brilliant. I'm glad I took the time to ask.  Big Grin

Thanks!

Now I'll start holding my breath for path layer groups in the core.

Messages In This Thread
Select/Delete path nodes plugin? - by akovia - 01-30-2019, 11:42 PM
RE: Select/Delete path nodes plugin? - by Ofnuts - 01-31-2019, 08:34 AM
RE: Select/Delete path nodes plugin? - by akovia - 02-01-2019, 11:22 PM
RE: Select/Delete path nodes plugin? - by Ofnuts - 02-02-2019, 12:33 AM
RE: Select/Delete path nodes plugin? - by akovia - 11-20-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: Select/Delete path nodes plugin? - by Ofnuts - 11-20-2021, 10:51 PM
RE: Select/Delete path nodes plugin? - by akovia - 11-21-2021, 12:48 AM
RE: Select/Delete path nodes plugin? - by Ofnuts - 11-21-2021, 04:58 PM
RE: Select/Delete path nodes plugin? - by akovia - 11-21-2021, 07:07 PM