Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyan in Gimp 2.10.8 failed to save image
(04-02-2019, 10:49 AM)bade Wrote: following the instructions given by GIMP-administrator "rich" in a video on this platform, I have downloaded, installed and applied Cyan in Gimp 2.10.8 (under Windows 10 Pro) to convert a GIMP-image (Adobe RGB 1998) into a TIFF-file (CMYK: ISO Coated v2 300% (ECI)). Everything worked well except of the last step: Cyan failed to save the image ("failed to save image, please file permissions or similar.").

It could be a security issue with Windows not liking the destination you specified. Although the next bit tends to indicate a problem involving the tiff format.

Quote:Alternatively, I tried to convert and save a tif-image (RGB) of the same GIMP-project, what again failed. Does someone know how this problem can be solved?

Have you tried exporting to some other format say psd just as a try-to-get-working measure?

If you can not get CYAN to work for you then the alternative is Krita http://www.krita.org although it does not yet support Gimp 2.10 version .xcf files. You would need to set all layers etc to legacy mode.

I have been using both CYAN and Krita in the last couple of days without any bother but I do use linux.

If possible post your gimp .xcf somewhere like DropBox and I will give it a try, might be the file. In any case I will give CYAN a run in a Win10 / Gimp 2.10.8 VM to see what happens.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cyan in Gimp 2.10.8 failed to save image - by rich2005 - 04-02-2019, 11:29 AM