Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't click Template!!!!
(03-08-2022, 04:45 PM)rich2005 Wrote: For a new Gimp installation the templaterc file is created with other files and folders in your Gimp profile.
For Windows that is C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\

That folder remains between Gimp re-installations which is why it is very rarely worth reinstalling Gimp ( a peculiar Windows practice Wink  )

First thing to try is delete the whole of the GIMP user profile, this one https://i.imgur.com/cI5kvxw.jpg  Start up Gimp and let it create a new, hopefully complete, profile. Just let it run to scan all fonts and plugins. 

It is not unknown for the profile to be incomplete but very-very rare and usually a MacOS install, although it might be something like a bad font stalling the profile creation.

If the delete - remake does not work, I have attached a zipped profilerc It is just a text file containing standard sizes. Unzip it and put it in C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\ along with the other xxxxx-rc files.

Ah, I had deleted the profile from Program Files after uninstalling it but not from Users\"yourname\AppData\Roaming. 

I noticed that the templaterc in Users\"yourname\AppData\Roaming\2.10 only had the text below.

"# GIMP templaterc

# This file will be entirely rewritten each time you exit.

# end of templaterc"

That's weird, right? 

I still had the templaterc file in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\etc\gimp\2.0, which had all the templates in the text, but copying that over did nothing, even after closing and restarting GIMP, so I used your file, which appeared to have the exact same text as the file I had under the Program Files tree, but yours worked, and closing and restarting GIMP didn't seem to change it to the previous weird text, so I think that worked. 

I guess the question is, what did I hit to make it rewrite my templates upon exiting? lol

Anyway, thank you very much! I greatly appreciate it!

-Todd

Messages In This Thread
Can't click Template!!!! - by iZeus - 04-10-2019, 04:03 AM
RE: Can't click Template!!!! - by Ritergeek - 04-10-2019, 04:36 AM
RE: Can't click Template!!!! - by iZeus - 04-10-2019, 04:48 AM
RE: Can't click Template!!!! - by Ritergeek - 04-10-2019, 12:21 PM
RE: Can't click Template!!!! - by Ofnuts - 04-10-2019, 02:00 PM
RE: Can't click Template!!!! - by Ritergeek - 04-10-2019, 08:00 PM
RE: Can't click Template!!!! - by Ritergeek - 04-10-2019, 09:06 PM
RE: Can't click Template!!!! - by rich2005 - 03-08-2022, 04:45 PM
RE: Can't click Template!!!! - by ToddAllenFischer - 03-09-2022, 02:44 PM