Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does "HELP" have a search function ?
(04-10-2017, 07:32 PM)DoctorBill Wrote: Once you enter text and are done with it, how do you leave it (finish with it)
on the Picture File ?

Gimp does not have a 'neutral' tool. Once finished with the text tool choose one of the other tools. If worried that you might inadvertently change something use the measure tool.

Quote:No matter what I do, gimp leaves a dotted line box around the lettering like
it won't 'let go', as it were.

The text tool creates a new 'text' layer - It has a T in it in the layers dialog. As long as it is still a T you can go back and edit the text. Apply a transform on it, say a rotate, and it becomes a raster layer and the text can no longer be edited. The dotted line is the boundary of the layer, Select another layer and it is not seen.

Quote:Other programs I have used (PhotoShop Light), once you click 'OK' or move on,
the lettering is plugged into the picture and that ends it.

Gimp is much the same, just select another tool instead of OK.

Quote:Up until now, I have used Google to find specific help for the GIMP program.

That is as good a way as any, lots of info out there. Beware of old tutorials though, a lot has changed between Gimp 2.4 -> 2.6 -> 2.8

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does "HELP" have a search function ? - by rich2005 - 04-10-2017, 07:46 PM