Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a Custom Pencil Brush include Transparency?
I've created a custom brush of some grass blades.  They are full color.  Because they are so small (sub pixel), it's essential that they have transparency in order to blend properly when I paint them.

However, it appears that transparency is ignored when I use the brush with the Pencil tool.   It works fine when I use the Brush tool.  However, there's a problem with that.

The Brush tool appears to do some kind of subpixel sampling in an attempt to make a brush appear to be centered exactly where you click.  This means if you created a brush image that needs to be stamped so that exact per-pixel detail matches the brush as it was originally created, you can't.  It gets distorted along the edges.  Sometimes, the distortion is quite significant.

On the other hand, the pencil tool acts like an exact pixel-per-pixel map that "stamps" the exact brush shape without any distortion or alteration. I need the exact pencil mapping, but it appears to ignore transparency in the brush image.

Is there a configuration setting I'm missing?

Messages In This Thread
Can a Custom Pencil Brush include Transparency? - by pha3z - 05-21-2019, 07:24 PM