Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noob question about white balance calibration
I am a dentist Big Grin  and use photography clinically to record disease, to plan treatment and to show people before and after photographs. I would also like to start using some of my portfolio to educate other patients and to promote my work. Getting reproducible colours between photos is extremely important, especially if I am doing tooth whitening for a client or taking a shade for my laboratory technician to make a crown in a matching colour!

I have not used any photo editing software before so am a complete new learner. I need to decide which program to buy and my editing needs are very basic: cropping, correcting white balance, and mirroring will be 95% of what I will do. I do know from courses that Photoshop has a function to use 17% grey card in a photograph to set the white balance for a whole collection of photos. Does Gimp have this function to use grey card as well and if so how do I do it? This will really help me decide which software to buy.

Thanks very much!

Messages In This Thread
Noob question about white balance calibration - by toothwizard - 05-22-2019, 01:47 PM