Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP Freezes when doing certain actions.
(07-15-2019, 05:29 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Probably nothing you can do about it. Lucky that it is just a freeze and not a crash.

32 bit Windows - what version of Gimp 2.10 are you running? - It gets flakey after Gimp 2.10.6

Not Windows but I run an old linux netbbok (ex. chromebook) Atom CPU - 32 bit - Gimp 2.8.22 - 2 GB RAM - 32 GB disk.  That sometimes freezes but it is while the disk finds space to write to.  You might not necessarily see problems with CPU or RAM.

Anyway, no Gimp developers visit this forum. You should file a report with: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues  although they are not keen on anything other than the current Gimp 2.10.12  and not much testing is done on a 32 bit platform.

Thanks, I'll test different versions. I don't want to go back because gimp 2.10 added a lot of effects for paletted images. Maybe I should find the first version which added that features instead of using the last one.

Anyway I'll check the dashboard dock as tmanni suggested, and I'll open an issue in the gimp bug tracker. Maybe my pc has some incompatibility that has not been tested, or it is using a lot of virtual ram fron the hard disk.

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIMP Freezes when doing certain actions. - by Mills - 07-15-2019, 05:48 PM