Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with known valid characters displaying as rectangles sometimes and not others
(07-26-2019, 06:04 AM)kRobins Wrote: Ofnuts, I like your second suggestion, although the menu text is in English, which argues against it.  I also like your article about the Gimp profile.  I would like to find and remove mine, which I'm sure is there somewhere.  I removed the .gimp.2.8 directory earlier, thinking that would perhaps help, but it made no difference. Then again I'm running gimp version 2.10 and I don't know if the profiles is handled differently.  

Your article suggests 2 ways to locate the profile.  I can't use the first way -- my installation currently displays this kind of variable data as rectangles.  I searched high and low in the Gimp installation -- I found 2 'filters' directories.  The first was under GIMP/2.10 and was empty.  The second was buried deep in GIMP 2/lib/python2.7 and, as expected, only had python-specific files.

Are profiles handled the same in gimp 2.10.12?  Any additional suggestions on how to find it? 

(07-26-2019, 12:29 PM)kKobins Wrote: rich2005, Interesting indeed.

I haven't updated my windows in a very long time.  It's Windows 7 so there are seldom updates.

I gave a quick look at the 2.8 downloads available.  I assume so but have to ask, are all those listed in the downloads directory stable versions?

kRobins

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issues with known valid characters displaying as rectangles sometimes and not others - by krobins - 07-26-2019, 07:39 PM