Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change a specific color by another
(08-08-2019, 12:33 AM)Gammazeth Wrote: Hi there ! I'm currently using GIMP to recolor some pokemon sprites and I wanted to know if it's possible to change every specific color present on the image by another, for example, I want all paleturquoise pixels to be turned into dark turquoise pixels without having to change manually the color of each pixel. ? If it's not possible, is it possible to select all pixels of a specific color in the image (actually I'm not talking about that magic wand) so that all paleturquoise pixels are highlighted/selected ?
Thanks in advance !

Next to the wand selector in the toolbox, there is the "Color selector" ( SelectByColor in 2.8).

However...

There may be more pixels to change. On the edge of pale turquoise areas, you may have pixels that are a blend of pale turquoise and the color or the area on the other side. If you don"t edit these properly, you end up with either a faint rim of pale turquoise, or a pixelated edge. To correctly process these, you have to first remove pale-turquoise to replace it by transparency (these edge pixels become partially transparent), and then fill the transparency with the new color (the edge pixels will autmatically get the right color blend). The process is covered more in depth here.

If the image is color indexed, convert to full-RGB (Image>Mode>RGB) and eventually convert back to color-indexed when done.

Messages In This Thread
Change a specific color by another - by Gammazeth - 08-08-2019, 12:33 AM
RE: Change a specific color by another - by Ofnuts - 08-08-2019, 12:13 PM