Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new project is in inches and saving at wrong size!
(08-26-2019, 07:06 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 02:39 PM)Human3 Wrote: My new is set to inches, w=11 H= 8.5  300 dpi

Re-read Ofnuts' post (post #2). Especially the first sentence.
"In Gimp (and other bitmap editors), the only thing that matters is pixels."

If you have the size in inches and the dpi then the size in pixels can be determined. But the fact remains: it is the size in pixels that is important.

Yeah, well i do not understand. lol.  the other editor i use, the old photo draw by microsoft that came with  i cant rem, with word and c etc,  is also pixel based, yet it maintains my units as inches and when i save an image i have created and open it again, its still the same size as when i created it, 11x8.5  Wink  So the thing is, i have been telling everyone to use gimp, but i guess ill stop that as i am a human and so are they.  Apparently gimp is not human friendly, but is coder friendly? or pixel friendly? lol, im laughing really.  

I thought size doesnt matter, er the new. project/image size of 11x8.5, but the dpi does matter, giving more pixels per area  ok so yeah i guess i dont understand perhaps you could point me to something that explains why gimp is doing this? thanks again

Messages In This Thread
RE: new project is in inches and saving at wrong size! - by Human3 - 08-26-2019, 07:43 PM