Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Changing font style
(10-14-2019, 06:47 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Maybe it exists in the Gimp internals and maybe not . If it is not exposed you are a bit out of luck. Personally I think that Gimp just recreates a layer from the parasite info. The only advantage it has on you is that it can use a string with mixed formatting.

OK--I shall try everything  at the gimpparasite page of GIMP Base Library Reference Manual--hopefully, some will rescue the data from the parasite and allow me to inset them back as a new text layer ... I was hoping for a pointer on which ones to try, being green as green...
Quote:As a side note creating a text with size 10 and scaling it up 2x doesn't create the same shape as creating the text in size 20. In the picture below, the blue is a Roboto Heavy size 62 scaled up to match the red which is native size 124:
Well--that ought to be expected, ought it not?
--Your own observations on 'bendiness' in the ofn-bend-path pluguin give some pointers in path deformation on transforms
--Latex goes to the trouble of creating lots of 'virtual fonts' for each of its fonts to address size change
--Some font packages come with different versions for size (Serif6Beta-Regular.otf, Serif12Beta-Regular.otf, Serif72Beta-Regular.otf)...
That just shows that if you have a file with lots of text, scale it and wish to continue editing by adding some more text, you ought to edit the scaled text layers also, to get a uniform look...

Messages In This Thread
Batch Changing font style - by carmen - 10-14-2019, 01:54 AM
RE: Batch Changing font style - by Ofnuts - 10-14-2019, 06:47 AM
RE: Batch Changing font style - by carmen - 10-14-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: Batch Changing font style - by Ofnuts - 10-14-2019, 12:32 PM
RE: Batch Changing font style - by carmen - 10-14-2019, 03:47 PM