Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Path isn't going all the way around, intersecting at odd places
(10-30-2019, 10:35 PM)marigolden Wrote: The reason I use so many nodes is because when I try to use the path adjusting feature it doesn't create a smooth shape between the nodes, it becomes scalloped looking and creates these white line indents between the nodes..for reference I drew these 2 circles and you can see the difference
https://imgur.com/a/ni0Tnxq

This is likely because the handles are not in the right direction. Basically you have the situation of the point "A4" in the schematics in this post, but with a smaller loop.

To fix that zoom until you see the tangent handle, drag one away from the anchor, hold the click, press the shift key and continue dragging: this will make the other handle assume a symmetric position. Then, still dragging the handle, rotate the handles 180° around the anchor.

In any case, the golden rule is: for a smooth curve, the two handles and the anchor should be aligned, and in many cases the two handles should be symmetric.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Path isn't going all the way around, intersecting at odd places - by Ofnuts - 10-30-2019, 11:54 PM