Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I add custom buttons?
(11-23-2019, 08:22 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Essentially no. You would have to re-write the Gimp code to add extra icons. Not practical.

Dang.

Are those custom themes doing anything more than change the color and icons? Because if that's the extent of their options then that won't help me much.

One of the things that's starting to annoy me is the color box at the bottom of the toolbox; It would be nice if I could resize that. (Also I miss having the active brush and pattern shown right next to it.)
And I keep getting thrown by the change to gimp color selector. The box used to be orientated a different way, so moving left/right changed the value, not saturation. Is there any way to set that back?
Everything else seems to be details that I suppose I could just get used to, like the size the brushes are displayed at, the sizes of the scroll bars, and other minor points.

(11-23-2019, 08:22 PM)rich2005 Wrote: As an experiment, do you have a virtual keyboard?  Does it work with Gimp?  Easy to check, does the X key swap FG/BG colours. If it does try and find a virtual keyboard that can be customised in some way to use the keyboard shortcuts. (A long shot, does not work in linux)

That does actually work with the system's default virtual keyboard, but pulling that up requires tapping an icon first, then I have to close it when I'm done. At that point it is technically less efficient than selecting "undo" from the menu, except that the buttons are easier to hit.
Maybe I could find a program that lets me have a much smaller virtual keyboard comprised of just shortcuts that could take up just a tiny edge of the screen so it wouldn't be a hassle to leave it open.

...I really want this Surface to work for me so I can draw digitally on the go. But I'm morally opposed to paying a regular fee to use a program.

Messages In This Thread
Can I add custom buttons? - by Marscaleb - 11-23-2019, 07:12 PM
RE: Can I add custom buttons? - by rich2005 - 11-23-2019, 08:22 PM
RE: Can I add custom buttons? - by Marscaleb - 11-23-2019, 09:40 PM
RE: Can I add custom buttons? - by rich2005 - 11-24-2019, 10:02 AM