Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP window expands to unviewable size
I figured it out. I was looking in the Windows menu and unchecked the Single Window Mode. That led to 2 image windows, one of which I immediately deleted, since there were no layers or images in it. All of the images/layers I was working were in the other image window. Then I checked the Single Window Mode back on. The single window was still too tall.

I unchecked the Single Window Mode again. This time, I noticed the Brush Editor - Layer Window seemed pretty tall and the Layer section could only show 2.5 layers, instead of the normal 5 or so. I tried to grab the separator between the two sections to add more space to the Layers section, but it would not let me move adjust the separator. I started going through the tabs in the Brush Editor section. There were several there and a couple I haven't used and didn't recognize. I used the small arrow in the upper right to close those tabs. When those tabs were closed (can't remember which ones they were now), I could adjust the separator and I could also adjust the height of that window. With that window's height reduced, I check the Single Window Mode again and the window now fits like it did before.

I've added a screenshot of the window I adjusted (Brush Editor - Layer) when it was by itself after I unchecked the Single Window Mode. You can see a small arrow button that points to the left in the top right of the window, just below the X for closing the window. That arrow lets you edit the tabs that are in the top half/Brush Editor section of the window.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
GIMP window expands to unviewable size - by Gully - 12-04-2019, 01:42 AM
RE: GIMP window expands to unviewable size - by Gully - 12-04-2019, 04:53 AM