Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I active on this from old official gimp forum?
There has never been an "official Gimp forum". GimpForums.com only used the same color scheme as the Gimp site but has never been "official". GimpForum broke down in September 2016 and was not "repaired" until a few days ago, using backups from 2014....

The folks who used to answer most of the questions on GimpForums.com (Rich, kevein and me) are now answering the questions on Gimp-Forum.net and will no longer answer on GimpForums.com since:

• they don't really know who runs GimpForums.com,
  • they don't know what his/her objectives/motives are (they just know that several other forums are mishandled the same way)
  • they have no guarantees on the continued availability of the information they post
  • they wonder what are the chances that GimpForums.com goes belly up again for an extended period of time
By contrast on Gimp-Forum.net
  • the main contributors are also the owners
  • the idea is to share things for fun (or, let's be honest, the ego boost)
  • we try as much as possible to share knowledge and admin powers so each owner can continue to enjoy a motorcycle ride or a heart stroke (we are old gits) without putting the continuity of the forum at risk.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I active on this from old official gimp forum? - by Ofnuts - 05-29-2017, 01:36 PM