Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tool Options windows position not remembered
(05-30-2017, 05:54 PM)DrNukular Wrote: Thanks rich2005 for the help and effort.

Actually before closing Gimp, the Tool Options should be left of the docks, as in image no. 3. That should be the final and desired state.

I've tried again saving the positions at exit as recommended in no. 6, but without any luck. The positions are still being reverted upon restart as in no. 5 (not desired).

Hope you can follow with what I mean. I still have no idea why this is the "default" state.

Yes I follow what you mean. 
It must be some function of Fedora because here Kubuntu 16.04 / Gimp 2.8.22  I have no problem providing I take care to use the preferences menu to save the window positions when set up.

Maybe ask on the Fedora forum for their opinions.

There are other options, as I said earlier, for a linux desktop environment (DE) KDE has more options than I ever use to fix application and window sizes and positions.

Even really light DE's have options. Perhaps consider Gimp in traditional mode with floating docks. This in AntiX with IceWM DE. Docks can be fixed in position and above the Gimp main window. Of course you lose the convenience of a tabbed open images, but look, no writing under the tool box. Fedora Gnome DE will have similar functions (somewhere). A really useful one that very rarely use and I should, is a 'shade' ie collapsing a window into just the 'header' until required.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tool Options windows position not remembered - by rich2005 - 05-31-2017, 07:46 AM