Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to install resynthesizer in gimp 2.10 on linux
(06-11-2020, 07:40 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: "gimp-plugin-registry" isn't just crap... Yes it contains a huge number of outdated scripts, but besides resynthesize, it also has the focus blur and a few other very useful plugins.

but the resynthesizer plugin that comes with 'gimp-plugin-registry' doesn't work for me and breaks my tutorial, so i'm leaving this as it is.

(06-11-2020, 09:35 AM)rich2005 Wrote: No reason why a user can not unpack the deb and cherry-pick some of the files to go in their user profile.

you can get the source of a debian package to the current directory with

Code:
sudo apt-get source [package]

maybe you have to add/ change a line in your sources.list from 'deb…' to 'deb-src'. more info here: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions...ource-code

you could then look for the scripts inside. maybe you have to compile them before you can use them.

alternatively, you can

Code:
sudo apt download [package]

and view the .deb file with an archive manager. it's just a zip file with another ending. it contains the files with their path where they will be copied at installation. guess you could unzip that file and copy the files you want yourself to their designated destination.

Messages In This Thread
RE: how to install resynthesizer in gimp 2.10 on linux - by cfdqwruivz - 06-11-2020, 11:16 PM