Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylizing GtkNotebook Tabs in Theme (gtkrc)
Ok guys, here it is. I am attaching a zip file, containing the regular and the small variants of the Dark (Blue Hint) theme

.zip   Clearlooks_Gimp_2.10.1x_Hinted_Themes_RC1.1.zip (Size: 213.99 KB / Downloads: 201)

[Image: KntYOUq.jpg]

First things first! If, for whatever reason, the theme crashes Gimp, just rename the gtkrc file in the theme's folder (say, rename it to gtkrc-off) and re-launch Gimp. It will open with the default theme, and you can switch to another theme (Edit -> Preferences | Theme).

The included Readme file talks about 20 theme variants in total, but I haven't done those yet. Well the hint-color variants are dead easy to make. Just make copies of the desired theme folder and edit the Current Highlight Color line in the gtkrc file. It already contains 5 colors (commented out), but feel free to set any other you want.

If you have a 4K monitor, you should probably increase the font-size. Actually have a look at the "USAGE TIPS: EDITING THE gtkrc FILE" section in the Readme file, for a few more easy tweaks you can do in the gtkrc file.

The zip file also contains the Clearlooks GTK2 theme-engine for Windows, as a separate zip-file (both x64 and x86). One only needs to copy the appropriate libclearlooks.dll file into: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\lib\gtk-2.0\2.10.0\engines\ (or C:\Program Files (x86) \GIMP 2\lib\gtk-2.0\2.10.0\engines\ for 32-bit Windows)

If you are on Linux, without GTK2 installed, you can first install GTK2 and then install the gtk2-engines-clearlooks package, or the gtk2-engines package (whichever is available for your distro). The latter contains more GTK2 engines too, besides Clearlooks.

If you do NOT want to install GTK2 on your system, and prefer to use Gimp's GTK2 runtime instead, you can try to download any of the above mentioned packages (make sure they are for your specific Linux distro, unpack it to a temp folder, and look for the libclearlooks.so file. Then copy it into:  [whichever dir GIMP is installed in]/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/

Try here:  https://pkgs.org/download/gtk2-engines

If you are on macOS / Mac OS X I really have no idea what you can do. In the Readme file of the themes I have included a couple of links I found, but I seriously doubt they can be of any help, cause they look really old.

If you try the themes, please post here your feedback. I am only using Windows for a few years now, so I would really appreciate feedback for other OSes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stylizing GtkNotebook Tabs in Theme (gtkrc) - by migf1 - 06-17-2020, 09:03 PM