Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylizing GtkNotebook Tabs in Theme (gtkrc)
Hello fireflyyyyyy, thank you for the feedback!

I'm glad you adjusted it to your needs, that's the point. I have put lots of comments in the gtkrc, hoping it will be a little easier for users to customize them. Btw, did you test on Windows or Linux?

For the boldness of those check-buttons, it is not my doing (not purposely anyway).

I did a quick test, removing temporarily all the widget bindings from my gtkrc file, and the boldness remained. Then I did another quick test, temporarily renaming the gtkrc file, so that Gimp starts with its default fallback theme. The boldness was still there.

I noticed that the ONLY check-boxes whose text appears bold, are those that reveal a slider once you get them enabled. This, along with the quick tests I mention above, makes me think this boldness may be hard-coded into Gimp's sources code. EDIT: Plus, as far as I know, we cannot stylize text as bold from the gtkrc file (unless we use images). I spoke too soon! The following will make EVERY text of the UI bold, so I'll search if font_name can take a "regular" or "normal" or a similar value, and I'll try to fix it for you.

Code:
style "test" {
    font_name = "Bold"
}
class "GtkLabel" style:highest "test"

But I will do so more testing & research, just in case.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stylizing GtkNotebook Tabs in Theme (gtkrc) - by migf1 - 06-18-2020, 05:11 PM