Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylizing GtkNotebook Tabs in Theme (gtkrc)
Hi folks, I'm attaching a new zip-file here, because the forum does not let me edit my previous post anymore. The previous zip contained version RC1.1 of just the Dark Blue themes (link: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Styliz...5#pid18755). It also shows a screenshot of the Dark Small theme.

The zip attached in this post contains version RC1.2 of both Dark Blue and Light Blue themes (each including a regular and a small version).

.zip   Clearlooks_Gimp_2.10.1x_Hinted_Themes_RC1.2.zip (Size: 251.42 KB / Downloads: 153)

I rewrote a few parts especially for the Light theme. Here is how the Light SMALL Blue theme looks, on Windows, with 24" monitor, set @Full HD resolution.

[Image: XP272sX.jpg]

The main difference between RC1.1 and RC1.2 is mostly housekeeping of the gtkrc file (more comments, some additional styles, bindings, etc). There are some minor visual changes too (for example, the tree expander arrows are now color-hinted, though they are not consistent between dialogs and lists).

The behavior of Dark and Light themes are slightly different. A few elements are highlighted a little differently (like the spin-buttons for example) because directly translating from the Dark theme wasn't emphasizing things the way I wanted. Also, since these Light themes are supposed to be used with the Symbolic-Inverted icons (which are black), the highlight color is lighter compared to the dark themes (the dark themes are supposed to be used with the Symbolic icons, which are white).

I think I'm done with these for now. There are a few inconsistencies, but all in all I'm quite happy with the themes. I'll probably revisit the themes for an update at a later time.

Feedback is always welcome, but most probably I'll release all the themes in the next couple of days, max. Until then, feel free  to post here any fixes/suggestions you may have (if they are biggies, I'll try to add them on time).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stylizing GtkNotebook Tabs in Theme (gtkrc) - by migf1 - 06-20-2020, 10:52 PM