Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
256-color-indexed(png|gif): missing transparency
Thanks for the .dat file! ...also thanks for the link! ImageMagick seems cool, but i wish they would release a binary for older MacOS(SnowLeopard preferably), as I don't think i have the time right now to build it on own; and sadly I've also stopped using Homebrew since I realized it doesn't guarantee bug-free libs, and subsequently had to build SFML from scratch a few back(also my bug-fix was never accepted by the official branch, though they did merge a different fix of mine).

...and about the layers: if you want to know my process, I took 3 images from this site, and turned them into 8 frames; I did all my work in rgb then indexed to 256-colors, then optimized for .gif, and finally exported to gif. and you might be missing colors in the sample just because i had to crop it to get the filesize down(open gimp, crop, export .gif). ...also, not really to the point, but I wanted to have the globe rotating too, although i was having trouble with WorldWindEarth.

But your explanation has really been illuminating though, since i've been having the same problem with .png previously. I was scratching my head why it only did it some of the time, although now that i i realize that some of my pngs saved were kind of monochrome-ish, and it's also possible i had the "remove unused colors from colormap" box check-marked...

So I guess it's seems kind of obvious, but i hadn't realized transparent also needs a slot in the colormap, so i guess that's mystery solved!

...also, small note. I like pixel art. is .webp a safe format for pixel art? ...most serious pixel-art venues i know of seem to like .png and .gif...?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 256-color-indexed(png|gif): missing transparency - by fingRsoL0 - 08-20-2020, 05:42 PM