Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plug in bump map: Works manually, but not using a Python procedure
Thank you Ofnuts for this feedback. I suspected something like a « missing link » somewhere, as it works ok from the Filter menu. Wasn’t aware of how Gimp 2.10 was built and its new core…

I initially wrote the script in Scheme, but the bump map part wasn’t working either, then I guess it was the same issue.

If I understand well, I need to rewrite the bump map instruction in a way that it points to the implemented function with GEGL, get the result running GEGL (it seems using the function « gegl.gegl_render_op »), and passing it as a result to my Python function. 

Yes, it’s somewhat more complicated than for other « already linked » functions. This makes us realize the great work done so far on the backward-compatibility!

Will try to adapt the code from http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=...10#p255005, after following the thread you referred me too. If successful, will post the corresponding code.

Thanks a lot!

Messages In This Thread
RE: plug in bump map: Works manually, but not using a Python procedure - by LinettRidge - 09-06-2020, 02:11 PM