Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening images through context menu: Images not in alphabetical order
Photo 
Using Windows 7 and Gimp 2.10.22
New to the forum. Let me know if this is in the wrong place.

After the "Edit with Gimp" button disappeared from the Explorer context menu I've reassigned the context menu Edit button to send images to Gimp.

When I select multiple images and click Edit in Explorer, they're loaded into Gimp, but not in alphabetical order. This is very annoying. Is there a reason for this? When the images are loaded in a jumbled order it's very hard to get a good overview and see which images are similar and need similar editing (I edit plant photos and the files are named after the plant species and variety).
Is the load order deliberately set in a different way (=not alphabetical) because more people prefer it that way? If not; is this something that could be ammended in a coming release, or offered as an option in the Gimp preferences?

Opening the images through Gimp lets me load them in alphabetical order, but I move the finished images around on my harddrive, so since I'm in Explorer in between editing it's faster for me to load the next bunch directly from Explorer.

Another thing that is also mildly annoying but not a big deal: When Gimp is closed and I select, say 10, images and click Edit in the Explorer contect menu; 10 separate Gimp windows are opened. When Gimp is already opened, the 10 images are instead loaded into Gimp in one window as they should be. Can this be ammended or is it a Windows thing?

Messages In This Thread
Opening images through context menu: Images not in alphabetical order - by Pantersnigeln - 10-25-2020, 06:21 PM