Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trouble with addonCollectionManager
(12-02-2020, 12:13 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:  default folders, appended to \Users. But I avoid them like the plague....

I suspected someting like that. (your are talking to the (linux) converted where I have much installed and running from a storage partition).
AFAIK unless you use a portable Gimp you will get a C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\ set of files and folders. What does Edit -> Preferences -> Folders show Did you maybe delete the default path(s)

The plugin just copies then deletes to that location.

With Gimp 2.10.22 installed on a Drive F: I can get it working with (just the beginning of the ini file) and the files stored in sub-folders (xxx_resource) under a main folder  F:\resource\

Code:
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
[all]
# enable:brushes dynamics fonts gradients palettes patterns scripts
enable:brushes fonts patterns scripts
addons_active:{GimpUser}/{type}
addons_stored:F:/resource/{type}_storage
menu_location:{<type>}
menu_entry:{type} sets...
menu_description:Manage {type} sets...
dialog_title:{type} sets manager
[brushes]
menu_location:<Image>/Resource
extensions:.gbr  .vbr  .gih  .abr  .GBR  .VBR  .GIH

Ofnuts might have some solution, possibly starting Gimp from a batch file where new Gimp environmental variables are set.

You just need to set the environment variable GIMP2_DIRECTORY to point to the directory that should hold your profile. Can be done in a .BAT, but you can also set that variable system-wide, so that all Gimp invokations see it. If you use a .BAT you have to assign it as the opening application for several file types, while the environment variable technique will work with your current file associations.

Messages In This Thread
Trouble with addonCollectionManager - by carmen - 12-01-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: Trouble with addonCollectionManager - by Ofnuts - 12-02-2020, 12:27 PM