Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trouble with addonCollectionManager
I have only been using the addonCollectionManager with gradients, patterns and brushes.

Today after downloading a little more than 20 fonts I decided to manage them via this application.

I created a folder fonts_storage and added the new fonts in .ZIP format - Everything seemed to be ok until I noticed that it was not possible to deactivate (remove) these fonts after use.

I also noticed that these fonts are copied into the Preferences\fonts folder, and only by deleting these copies manually in this folder I can remove the fonts from the Gimp. (Gimp needs to be closed for this to happen)

Searching around, I found Rich2005's tip:
(12-01-2020, 09:10 PM)rich2005 Wrote: For fonts. Fonts are a bit strange in Windows. Do not zip the fonts, put similar types in folders. They usually load ok but Windows has a habit of not letting them to unload, sometimes until Windows is restarted.
Then I changed all the .ZIPs into folders , putting each group of fonts that was in a .ZIP in the same folder.

It didn't work. 

This behavior only happens with fonts, with gradients, brushes and patterns the Addon can add and remove them perfectly.
[Image: g226qhu.png]

Could this be a Windows related case? 
Does anyone have/had the same problem?
Is it a known problem and is there already a simple solution?

Thx

Messages In This Thread
Trouble with addonCollectionManager - by carmen - 12-01-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: Trouble with addonCollectionManager - by Krikor - 07-14-2021, 12:40 AM