Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrinkled cloth textures and shadows.
Thumbs Up 
Rich,

First off, thanks! I was not looking for the texture of the cloth itself, but now I think I will rework it and see if I can use that because i like it. 

Since my question was clearly not up to snuff, let me provide a visual instead. Smile

The areas I outlined in yellow are the type of effect I am trying to achieve. I found something remotely close using noise with opposing X/Y values to get basically "lined noise", then increased hue / contrast, color to alpha on white and use as an overlay masked to your area. But it does a bad job of any thing other than mostly straight wrinkles. I tried some distorts on it and such but have not gotten the knack yet, so I hoped someone here had done something similar. I am probably way too picky about this, but since I am learning I figure I can be picky with myself and try to learn more that way.

And I think I also was not clear on the shadows. I have done the type of shadow you are talking about, I like that way better sometimes, but it has the same problem drop shadows do. I have left the opacity at 100% for this one, just to see better. The black is (obviously) the shadow I generated by copying, doing a blur, etc. Basically the same as with drop shadow. The green (especially on the ropes, the other I can shade manually if needed, it's much easier with nothing in the way) is where I would like the shadows to go. Hand doing them is the only way I have come up with so far and matching the dispersion and... I don't know the right wording here... degree of transparency of the pixels? has proved to be challenging for me.

Thanks again for helping out.

- E

Messages In This Thread
Wrinkled cloth textures and shadows. - by eepjr24 - 01-04-2021, 05:54 PM
RE: Wrinkled cloth textures and shadows. - by eepjr24 - 01-04-2021, 11:22 PM