Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resynthesize not appearing in menu
(01-26-2021, 04:59 PM)rickk Wrote: ....snip..
And then when you say "but then it depends on if the gimp-python package"  Is this package a part of Gimp that interacts with Python, or is it a part of Python  that interacts with Gimp?  I suspect you mean the latter, but not being sure, I'd prefer not to speculate. (I guess I'm pondering the meaning of that hyphen in your word choice) 

In Gimp 2.10, python support comes from a package gimp-python. Used to be that Gimp pulled in that package as a dependency. It looks like knoppix is based on Debian 10 / Gimp 2.10.8 which just has gimp-python as a 'suggest'  https://i.imgur.com/vChxNzf.jpg    All Gimps the same now,  install the gimp-python package yourself and for latest distros that have moved to python3 even that package is not available.
I had a quick look at the knoppix DVD package list, I could not see the gimp-python package mentioned but it might be there. Needed for those heal-something.py plugins.

Quote:And lastly, where you say "resynthesizer the binary plugins show in the Gimp Filters -> Map section. Not affected by the lack of python" Are you saying that the two *.py  files that you included in "resynth-linux"  (plugin-heal-selection.py, and plugin-heal-transparency.py)  are not specifically needed by the two binaries, but have a separate function?

resynthesizer (& resynthesizer-gui)  is an old plugin going back a long way. Used for making seamless patterns amongst other things. Since resynthesizer is a compiled plugin it does not require python. The python plugins, which use resynthesizer came along later and do require python.

Messages In This Thread
Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-24-2021, 09:49 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-25-2021, 03:38 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-25-2021, 04:44 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-25-2021, 10:38 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-26-2021, 04:59 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rich2005 - 01-26-2021, 05:40 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-26-2021, 10:42 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-27-2021, 02:49 PM