Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Center Text on Path?
(12-22-2022, 09:18 PM)Canuck Sailor Wrote: EDIT - Maybe I'm NOT as dumb as I figured here. After screwing around with things for a while, I got this to work as advertised. Now to see if I can make it do what I need.

Ok, I'm NOT computer savvy at this level and I'm lost at this explanation of how to get this plug in to work. WHERE do I put the plug in? Do I have to create a plug in folder? Here's what I've found and where I found it -

Library>Application Support>GIMP>2.10>Filters

Do I create a plug in folder and if so, do I put in inside 2.10 or inside Filters? Filters contains the following fyi:

GimpHueSaturationConfig.settings
GimpBrightnessContrastConfig.settings
GimpGegl-gegl-cartoon-config.settings
GimpGegl-gegl-color-to-alpha-config.settings
GimpGegl-gegl-exposure-config.settings
GimpGegl-gegl-focus-blur-config.settings

What is the proper name for the folder: Plug ins, or Plug in? (do caps matter here? I have no idea). Do I put the Docs in there as well, or retain them elsewhere to read?
What I have done is created a Plug Ins folder inside GIMP, put the PY script into it and restarted the program. I. do NOT see the Tools sub menu mentioned above. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
Can someone lead me through this process please? All I'd really like to do is create a curved text path with the text in the middle to complete a design I'm working on. And WHY this function isn't native to the program should be addressed and corrected.

See the big Installation section at the bottom of the page where you dowloaded the ZIP from.

Messages In This Thread
How to Center Text on Path? - by TheHolyTerrah - 03-05-2021, 02:27 PM
RE: How to Center Text on Path? - by rich2005 - 03-05-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: How to Center Text on Path? - by Ofnuts - 12-23-2022, 01:29 AM
RE: How to Center Text on Path? - by denzjos - 12-23-2022, 07:27 PM
RE: How to Center Text on Path? - by Krikor - 12-23-2022, 10:36 PM