Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Working command line arguments fail in shell script
Photo 
(03-21-2021, 09:37 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Your desktop could be starting Gimp using a "facade" script/executable that does some envrionement setup.

In a shell if you enter "python" or "python2", does it start Python? Otherwise where is the Python executable on your system? Was it installed with Gimp?

Natively Python 2.7.16 is installed with OS X. If I type "python --version" that's what I am told. However, I installed a more recent version with HomeBrew, so if I type "python3 --version" it tells me 3.9.1.

Your facade comment makes sense. If I just launch "/applications/GIMP-2.10.app/contents/macos/gimp" from a shell script this is what I see with broken images and stuff:

https://imgur.com/a/D1gdzAP

Using my original script above, I get the same response if I call "/applications/GIMP-2.10.app/contents/mac/os/gimp-console-2.10"

As a test I tried moving my shell script to the same folder where the Gimp executable is stored and it behaves the same way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working command line arguments fail in shell script - by TimorousMe - 03-21-2021, 03:10 PM