Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performing a Clone stamp on multiple layers at the same time
(04-17-2021, 11:21 AM)Rathe Wrote: I am trying to work out the best way to use clone stamp to make changes to multiple layers of an image at the same time.

I have a project that has 5 layers each layer is a different part of a PBR texture, top layer is an albedo map, then I have a normal map, height map etc...
I am trying to make changes to each layer at the same time using the clone stamp, the goal here is to perform standard clone stamp operations but have the exact same clone stamp changes applied to all the layers at the same time.

In addition it would be good to be able to preview the image that I am editing as a tiled image.

what is the quickest most flexible way to do this kind of work?

Thanks
  • Make the clone stamp on a separate new layer above the top layer
  • Make duplicates of that layer, move over each other layer and merge down (if necessary). You can automate that step using my ofn-interleave-layers script, but for 5 layers it might not be worth it.
Edit: missed the tiles, so:
  • Use my ofn-layer-tiles to make a big layer where your layers are tiles
  • Start the "symmetry painting" dialog Windows ➤ Dockable dialogs ➤ Symmetry painting
  • Set the the Symmetry to Tile mode and enter the size of your layers
  • Now use the Clone tool on any of the  tiles, the painting will be replicated on the rest
  • When done use ofn-layer-tiles to split the big layer into layers again.
The two scripts are available here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Performing a Clone stamp on multiple layers at the same time - by Ofnuts - 04-17-2021, 12:34 PM