Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - out of gamut colours / borked palette?
(04-29-2021, 09:32 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: In the Lch model, for a given output gamut (sRGB here, I suppose) there are constraints between L,c,h. So what Gimp it telling you is that you can't just get a darker color (lower L) without altering c and/or h. If you change the dialog to HSV model (which is just a plain mapping of the RGB values), then you can change the V (which is close to the brightness, but not exactly the brightness) to darken the color, but of course you'll have a slight hue change in the Lch model.

OK, so I understand what you're saying here I think - that if I switch to HSV I should be able to darken the hue using V. The problem is that even with HSV selected, I can only lower V to ~75 before it changes to this really vibrant blue instead of the pale one I'm using.

Also, looking closer at the colour selector, once V drops below that value, this new colour also shimmers in the selector, as if it is animated, not a flat hue. I can't show this in an image of course, but this is what it looks like with HSV selected (essentially the same as with LCH).

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help - out of gamut colours / borked palette? - by brulleks - 04-29-2021, 04:20 PM