Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Open Image" change default folder and thumbnail view?
(08-14-2017, 06:40 AM)Blighty Wrote:
(08-14-2017, 02:53 AM)Dave001 Wrote: 1. Clicking File, Open, brings up the "Open image" window, it always defaults to "Recently Used" and list the last files edited to the right, I'd like it to default to a particular folder. Is this possible?

In the File Open dialogue, on the lower, left hand side, are + and - buttons. Navigate to the folder you want and click the the + button. That folder will be available for you to use in the File Open dialogue.

I don't know who decided on the Themes but in Dark Mode the + sign is indistinguishable from the dark background, and - sign is not much better.
I had to change the Theme to "System" to see what you were talking about. The Gray and Light Themes suck and no one uses them. Can other Themes be had?

I find it unimaginable that after all these years that no one has built a Module or Plugin for Gimp to view Thumbnails of our work right in the Gimp Program.

Every other Graphics program has been doing that for decades.
  I've been using JASC Paint Shop Pro 7.02 since 2000. I just changed over to Gimp 2.10.24, But in PSP 7.02... under the "File" menu, there is "Browse". Click on it and it opens a built in small explorer window that allows the User to browse through their folders and see sizable thumbnails of images.
  When the User sees an image in a thumbnail that they want to work on... they either "double" click on it to open it in PSP 7.02, or they "right" click on the thumbnail image and choose "Open". Either way it's convenient and not in a word list form where if the User has been working on an image and has several variations like "image1.xcf, or png, or jpg... and image2.xcf... image3.xcf. Under the current circumstances the Gimp User has to click every file name to display a thumbnail, unless it's a reasonably large file, at which time not only does the User have to click the file name, but then they have to click on the Thumbnail area to the right of the file name list to have the thumbnail generated. That's a lot of work when a User has A LOT of Graphics work to already do. 

Thanks for reading!
Best Regards, 
StageMan

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Open Image" change default folder and thumbnail view? - by StageMan - 06-26-2021, 07:55 PM