Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is There An Easy Way To Format For Print?
(06-21-2021, 11:51 AM)rich2005 Wrote: However, using what is there, I might use a workflow such as:
Open a new image using the standard Gimp A4 template File -> New -> Template -> A4
Add the image as a layer File -> Open as Layers
Use the Scale tool (shift-S) and the background layer as a guide to scale the layer as a 'fit' over the A4 background.

Question,  As I was scaling-up the target image to match the 3508 pixels that an A4 document is  tall @ 300 ppi....I noticed that the zoom control in gimp had shrunk the working image to 18.2 % of full size.

Setting the zoom to 100% resulted in an image that was orders of magnitude larger than lifesize (8.3 x 11.7 inches).

Just curious, is this because my laptop's screen resolution is only 106 x 107 pixels?

I was able to complete the exercise without mishap, and even pasted the 3 panels created with gimp into  Libre Office A4 blank pages...without malfunction...just a little shocked with the scaling reported in gimp.  Normally one would expect 100% to be actual life size.....just trying to find comfort with why that is not the case

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is There An Easy Way To Format For Print? - by rickk - 06-22-2021, 12:12 AM