Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selection and canvas bounds?
(06-27-2021, 12:17 PM)Ottia Tuota Wrote: I am talking about my three plugins under Tools > Modify path (in the Paths tab): "Round corners", "Simple smooth", and "Simplify"; see the threads:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Roundi...-edge-path

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Smooth...ple-plugin

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Simplifying-a-path

If you look at the first or third of these threads, there are pictures where the selection is used to restrict the effect to some nodes (and yes, node = anchor).

About selecting nodes by Shift-click: I doubt that that could be done in a plugin?

Thank you Rich, I didn't know that the canvas can be enlargened so easily with the Crop tool. Your method is a good workaround. But it is a little clumsy and an inconvenience in the plugins. But I suppose that is the only way.

About those error messages: They come probably from a certain bug in the plugins. I hadn't remembered this difficulty and hadn't taken it into account in the code. The plugins will be fixed soon. But even with the fixed versions this problem remains: Anchors outside of the canvas cannot be selected without extending the canvas first.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Oh, now I understand, you are developing a plugin and if people put a control point outside you need to be able to reach it...

I'm not plugin dev.... so I cannot help
But I saw that many plugin rezise the canvas while working (some even when there is nothing outside...)
So I think Rich is right with resizing the canvas to be able to reach what you need outside

If I may suggest...
Short suggestion (a lazy one, has limitation)
Take the width/height of the canvas (image / canvas size) you multiply by 2 (or more) align center, do what you need to do and then divide the canvas width/height by 2 align center at the end...

Longer one, (but cleaner as no limitation)
Take the width/height of the canvas, search the farthest node outside the canvas, resize the canvas proportionally 2-3 pixels bigger than the farthest node, do what your plugin need to do, then resize canvas to original size at the end...

Messages In This Thread
Selection and canvas bounds? - by Ottia Tuota - 06-27-2021, 09:47 AM
RE: Selection and canvas bounds? - by PixLab - 06-27-2021, 10:48 AM
RE: Selection and canvas bounds? - by rich2005 - 06-27-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Selection and canvas bounds? - by Ofnuts - 06-27-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: Selection and canvas bounds? - by Ottia Tuota - 06-27-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: Selection and canvas bounds? - by PixLab - 06-27-2021, 02:06 PM
RE: Selection and canvas bounds? - by Ottia Tuota - 06-27-2021, 02:39 PM
RE: Selection and canvas bounds? - by denzjos - 06-27-2021, 03:46 PM
RE: Selection and canvas bounds? - by Ottia Tuota - 06-27-2021, 05:58 PM
RE: Selection and canvas bounds? - by PixLab - 06-28-2021, 05:00 AM
RE: Selection and canvas bounds? - by Ottia Tuota - 06-28-2021, 07:18 AM