Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Crop Folder
Quote:Is this a one-off animation ? How many images make up the animation ?
Does that mean all those images are greater than 1920 x 1080 in size ?
Do you have several animations and want to crop all the animations in one go ?
This will be part of a workflow. Most of the animations are rendered at 1920 x 1080, but some of them will be at larger sizes for which I have a still image that gets scrolled, and then an animation that plays at the end of scrolling. I would have the rendering drop down to 1920 x 1080, but I haven't found a way to do that and make the camera line up perfectly with to the top of where the larger image was aligned.

Quote:Why ? You can batch crop beforehand using the Gimp batch plugin BIMP or command line ImageMagick
Cropping after assembling an animation into layers is a simple process the crop tool applies to all layers. If you try and automate this, what parameters ? Size is known but is that applied from top-left corner (origin 0,0) or from a center point which can be variable ?
I am using Daz Studio to render a series of images for my animations. Often I have the longer animations running overnight, as they can take many hours to render. Typically these animations are from 90-240 frames at 30/sec. I am setting up scripting to take care of a few post-processing tasks that always need to be done. Daz Studio can automatically run a script for me after rendering is finished. The current usage would be from 0,0. It would nice if I could specify the origin if I need to do that for a future use.

Quote:Give a pointer to the script, it might be user-error or it might be old and fixable / non-fixable.
This is the one I found, but I don't have any need to stick with it. The title mentions 2.2 through 2.6, so maybe these wouldn't work with later gimp versions: http://www.hildstrom.com/projects/gimpscript/index.html

Quote:Edit: A quick search and maybe you saw something like this ? https://www.joelotz.com/blog/2020/batch-...-gimp.html thats an autocrop but guessing what you have is similar. That is a Gimp script but it is for command line use.
I'll take a look at this.

Quote:Your best bet is crop everything before making the animation.
My wording may have been confusing. I am doing this on a series of images that I turn into a "webm" and a mask "webm". I need to retain any transparencies that are in the images when they are turned into videos, since I often play these videos in a layered scene. These aren't used for animation files, but are the results of rendering an animation into images.

Quote:If you want a GUI for use within Gimp & will crop a folder of images then BIMP https://alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/ Not difficult to use, there are examples on the site.
BIMP will crop an animation something.gif providing the output is specified as a gif, leave that out and the gif is flattened to one layer. It does give an error message about indexed format but still gives an animation and keeps the timings.
I briefly looked at BIMP, but at a quick glance it looked like it was UI based, and not command line. I want this to be an automated process, so I can't use something that has a UI

This is the first post-processing task that I am trying to automate. There are other things I would like to be able to do as well. ImageMagick may be a good way to go. When I saw that mentioned in this forum, I thought it might be an attempt to pitch an alternative to Gimp. A lot of times I see commercial products trying to make sales in this way. I just checked and I see that this is a free tool. I would like to keep my tools to a minimum, but if this is a better option for these command line tasks that I need to do, then I will try it out.

Messages In This Thread
Batch Crop Folder - by Poorman65 - 07-11-2021, 07:56 PM
RE: Batch Crop Folder - by Ofnuts - 07-12-2021, 07:01 AM
RE: Batch Crop Folder - by rich2005 - 07-12-2021, 07:37 AM
RE: Batch Crop Folder - by Poorman65 - 07-12-2021, 03:54 PM
RE: Batch Crop Folder - by rich2005 - 07-12-2021, 04:12 PM
RE: Batch Crop Folder - by Poorman65 - 07-12-2021, 05:20 PM