Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Could not read the contents of Desktop"
Thanks for the helpful link rich2005. Aside from doing the easy thing of giving full access rights to Gimp, the recommendations here for messing with macos security require a level of system expertise I do not have, or have time to acquire. And this small annoyance is not enough to make me want to grant full access rights to Gimp (although I could temporarily try it to see if it works). The ironic thing here is that macos warns that it's denying Gimp access to my desktop, but subsequently Gimp has no problem exporting a graphic I'm working on into my user account Desktop. This begs the question "what kind of access to my Desktop folder is Gimp asking for that it's not getting?".

Both the current version of Big Sur and Gimp that I've been using have been around long enough for other people to have seen this problem (Desktop access allowed in spite of warning), but if it's unique to me, it must be something I've got misconfigured.

As to where apps are stored on macos, I believe most of them, including Gimp are stored in the /Applications folder that sits in the 'data' volume managed by Big Sur. If by 'home' you mean my personal account folder that sits inside of the /User folder, there are no applications stored or run from there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Could not read the contents of Desktop" - by dncollins - 07-21-2021, 05:45 PM