Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NuFRaw plugin Windws / linux 64 bit.
Thumbs Up 
david,

His comment led me to visit this software's website (https://filmulator.org/) where I could learn more about this editor.
I read the User manual available there and watched a video tutorial demonstrating the use of Filmulator.

The summary given by the author was also very instructive:

Quote:"So the key to making the most out of an image is to work from the top down in the tools so each step feeds the next optimal data.

I look at the raw histogram (the top small one) to check if I can benefit from highlight recovery, select lens corrections if available, then I control how the "film" is "exposed" with exposure compensation, while checking the second small histogram . When using highlight recovery, to actually use the recovered data I apply negative exposure comp.

Next I work on the film simulation. First thing I do here is increase the Drama (or don't) according to how much I want to darken the highlights, then I tweak Film Area to adjust whether fine or coarse features are emphasized. The result of the film simulation appears in the last small histogram, letting me check how much the Drama has affected things.

Then I brighten the image by using the white clipping point, then I adjust the contrast by using shadow rolloff point (affects what was dark before tone mapping), shadow brightness (affects shadows and midtones after tonemapping), and highlight brightness
." - Carlo Vaccari

Thanks for commenting and adding another great option to my range of options!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NuFRaw plugin Windws / linux 64 bit. - by Krikor - 03-13-2023, 01:23 PM