Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp 2.10.24 reverts rect / ellipse to Expand From Center
What I have been experiencing looks exactly like your video. However, I am not touching the ctrl+alt keys at the time. Just tested the keyboard toggle and it works that way only during the time you are holding those keys down.
My experience is different. I will have multiple images open in GIMP (I do not use single window mode) and going one from the next, the rectangle select is normal - then suddenly is not. It remains that way (expand from center) until I click the button for it in tool options. It will then stay normal for a few minutes- then start expanding from center, again. After this, looking at tool options, expand from center shows as selected, again. And it repeated this behavior after a complete removal of Gimp from root and from ~.

I will try changing out my keyboard and mouse just to try that angle. Generally, I do not have nor spill things on either (I was kidding about slathering it in Dr. pepper). But there could be an age or other defect issue affecting the keyboard. I am not running in VMware or Virtualbox, nor using Barrier or a Virtual keyboard...
I do have the keyboard plugged into a USB hub... I may try a direct USB port on the tower, as well. I did check for anything in Mouse or Keyboard settings and found nothing out of the ordinary or that seemed like it could affect this (XFCE desktop).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gimp 2.10.24 reverts rect / ellipse to Expand From Center - by aravisian - 08-14-2021, 11:50 AM