Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] GimpForums.com rebirth as Gimp-Forum.net
(10-31-2016, 03:55 PM)Kevin Wrote: I think you need to be more specific about which application you are looking for experts in: Photography, Graphic Design, Painting, Something else?

You are right ! Im thinking mostly of graphics design.
Image manipulation in companion with photography has a lot of followers with lots of excellent results.
There are also lots of very good digital painters.

When it comes to Inkscape and illustrations, the air is getting thinner and when it comes to what i see on Gimpchat, i dont think there is much happening qualitywise. Its mainly a hobby forum, where a community is killing time.
No professional would say this is the place for advanced users.
And this is not about slagging off GC, but if Gimp is an alternative to PS that you can use professionally, where are those people using it ?

ofnuts Wrote:I read this to mean that with Adobe products amateurs can do things that look professional

When i said using Corel or Adobe products to produce something "professionally", what i really meant is this:
go to design.tutsplus.com/tutorials.
Have a look at what is shown there and then compare to what you see on GC.

I can reproduce most of these tutorial with open source programs. Maybe the workflow is different but the result will look similar.
Where on the web is a place that deals with this level of proficiency ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] GimpForums.com rebirth as Gimp-Forum.net - by Espermaschine - 10-31-2016, 07:53 PM
RE: [split] GimpForums.com rebirth as Gimp-Forum.net - by Bruno Bezerra - 05-29-2019, 01:18 AM
RE: Pasted image not visible - by Yash Pal - 10-24-2016, 05:53 PM
RE: Pasted image not visible - by Ofnuts - 10-24-2016, 07:24 PM
RE: Pasted image not visible - by Yash Pal - 10-25-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: Pasted image not visible - by Kevin - 10-26-2016, 08:15 AM
RE: Pasted image not visible - by Yash Pal - 10-26-2016, 02:23 PM