Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable - correct way to create folders?
(09-11-2021, 08:37 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Where are the folders? On the USB drive or on the PC?

Hi Ofnuts,

When I use the USB Flash Drive, everything is on that device (folders with brushes, plug-ins etc), as far as I know.

But I found a folder on the PC that must have been created by Gimp himself - C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\GIMP\2.10\CrashLog

I found another:
C:\Users\username where you have the .gtk-bookmarks file

I don't know if there are other folders created by the Gimp itself in more (other) places on the laptop.

Another serious problem, which happened again today when I was using the usb flash drive on the same laptop as always, is that **NOW the Gimp bugs at startup.

**This problem happened before in the past, but at the time I thought it was because I tried to use Gimp from USB Flash Drive on a PC that already had Gimp portable installed on the hard drive, and that it might have created some file conflict.

But yesterday I used the USB Flash drive on another PC, which doesn't have Gimp. Even so this problem is repeating itself now when having to use the Pendrive in the laptop.

Several screens appear in DOS mode (they open and then close) and at the end there are three windows.
While I don't close the GTK+Code Demos window, the Gimp doesn't continue its initialization.

When I close this window, it opens the G'MIC and another window as shown in the image:
Closing the windows in the image above, it appears:

Finally the Gimp appears, but it is already clear from the displayed menus that most scripts / plug-ins have not been loaded.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Portable - correct way to create folders? - by Krikor - 09-11-2021, 04:54 PM