Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export PDF with transparency & white channel
Hi!
Thanks for your answers and sorry for the late reply Smile

(09-16-2021, 01:38 PM)PixLab Wrote: PDF transparency seems to be a bug in 2.8 and 2.10
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5807

but > Jehan @Jehan changed milestone to %2.10.30 1 day ago
so this bug shall be fixed in GIMP 2.10.30 (2.10.28 shall be out very soon, like in few days)

I guess I'll have to wait or find another way then... Thanks though!

(09-16-2021, 05:04 PM)rich2005 Wrote: This from two layers the bottom a white underlay. This I assume for printing where there is no "white" ink. Offset printing can create a white layer before the usual CMYK but this is expensive, you need to ask your printer about this.

Actually my company doesn't print on paper, we print on reusable plastic cups, that's why we need a white undercoat! And that's also why I would need to have transparency.
I work directly with the printing operators and often visit them. That's why my demand is so precise Big Grin
We usually use Photoshop for the orders, which gives us the kind of files we're looking for. But we're currently developing a customer-side 3D previewing system to allow the customers to make their visual themselves. This system uses GIMP, and that's why I have to get the same kind of file that Photoshop allows me to have, then do a script to make GIMP create those files automatically.

So far, I can't seem to get to that point. Thanks for your time and advice though Smile
If anyone knows of a solution to get past those problems, your help will be welcome.

Regards

Messages In This Thread
RE: Export PDF with transparency & white channel - by Phif - 09-23-2021, 10:17 AM